Wednesday, December 26, 2012

A Hand Knit Christmas

Christmas Kitty for my niece, Lydia.

Most of the gifts I am giving this year will be hand knit! The Christmas Kitty was made using the C is for Cat pattern by Emily Ivey. Lydia is almost 2 years old and a big fan of cats. Unfortunately she was too excited yesterday to get a picture of her with her new stuffed friend. Maybe next visit.



Our friend, Andrew, also received a new stuffed friend this year. The pattern is Frederick the Frog Prince by Laura Long. I opted not to add the crown, as Andrew is a big fan of Kermit (who I don't believe typically wears crowns). Froggy will be taking up residence in Andrew's 1st grade classroom when school resumes in January. I imagine Froggy will have lots of new friends soon.



Andrew's wife, Cori, received hand knit socks! Made from Susan B. Anderson's wonderful sock pattern, How I Make My Socks.



And a friend from work received a lovely purple cowl made from the Cream & Sugar Cowl by Alana Dakos of Never Not Knitting.



This year may be called "The Year of the Cowl." Laura received the Cambrian Cowl from the wonderful Costal Knits book. She is also a fan of purple! I hope she gets to wear it often. 



My grandmother received the Stacy Shawl from the Wendy Knits Lace book by Wendy D. Johnson. I used a ball of Miss Babs yarn and was really pleased with the results. Plus, the amazing yardage meant that I only had to weave in ends at the beginning and the end! 

Unfortunately, the rest of the knit presents will have to wait until another day. My family's Christmas gathering has been postponed until tomorrow due to the snow! It's really lovely outside but hopefully travel conditions will improve soon so that I can send the rest of the gifts on their way. 

1 comment:

  1. Kermit looks SUPER in my classroom!!

    Love love love him. Many thanks!

    -Andrew

    ReplyDelete