Saturday, December 29, 2012

Christmas Knitting is Complete!


Purple mittens: Cascade 220 Superwash
Orange mittens: Manos del Uruguay Maxima

I finished up my Christmas knitting with two pairs of mittens. I tried out Susan B. Anderson's new mitten pattern. Check out my Ravelry project page here for more details. Believe it or not, these were the first mittens I had ever created. Both pairs were sent to their new homes earlier this week and I've been told they even fit! Score one for educated guesses. 

Now I am back to my regularly scheduled knitting. Currently on the needles: a pair of socks for the hubby. 

Yarn: Tanis Fiber Arts Blue Label
Colorway: Midnight Blue
I'm using the Alpha Sock pattern from Tanis Fiber Arts. There are lots of cables and an interesting seed stitch panel on either side of the leg. The charts are easy to follow, too. However, I'm planning to use a different pattern for the toe of the sock. It's actually the toe used in the Business Casual sock pattern by Tanis Lavallee (who is also the author of Alpha Socks). 



I received a new pattern book for Christmas - November Knits. I am just in love with several patterns in the book, including the sweater on the cover - the Burdock Cardigan. It has a really interesting moss stitch pattern that I'd love to try.


I also am really intrigued by the Palamino Mittens. Can't wait to make them! Don't they look warm?  I believe a trip to the LYS is in order soon - I mostly have odds and ends in my stash right now. There's definitely not a sweater's worth of yarn in there.

I'll leave you with a picture from my travels today. We got some lovely snow this morning! 



No comments:

Post a Comment