Friday, March 15, 2013

Finally Finished


The Alpha Socks are finished - and it only took 10 months! Woo hoo! I finished the first sock months ago and then got sidetracked by a number of other projects and pretty yarn. They really needed to be finished (my hubby has been waiting very patiently for them). So I made it a rule that I couldn't start my Color Affection Shawl until the socks were totally done. That proved to be good motivation. I spent the past week working on them pretty consistently. Of course, now that I'm done, all I want to do is get started on my shawl. But I still have to knit a gauge swatch before casting on and it's getting too late for me to start tonight. I find that I make far fewer mistakes when I'm knitting while awake (go figure) so I think I'll try to start bright and early tomorrow.


I'd like to have it started properly before I go to the community knitting group at the library tomorrow. I'm really thrilled - they finally have a meeting time that I can attend! It'll be nice to sit and chat with other knitters for a few hours.

A few notes about my Alpha Socks:
1. I knit the toe differently from the pattern. I used the instructions from the Business Casual Sock pattern also by Tanis Lavallee.
2. The yarn is Tanis Fiber Arts Blue Label Fingering Weight in Midnight Blue. I ordered it directly from their website. All of her colors are really lovely. I had a hard time selecting just a few! Some day I'd like to try some of their silk or cashmere yarns, especially the Silver Label Mulberry Silk. It looks amazing.

I hope to have lots of progress on my shawl to share with you next time!



1 comment: