Saturday, March 2, 2013

Just Like Losing a Friend

This week my favorite local yarn shop, Yarn Love in Hummelstown, announced that they will be closing in May after five years of business. Every time I think about it, it makes me sad. There is nothing quite so nice as being able to pop over to a little shop where they greet you by name and allow you to walk around and pet all the lovely yarn. Plus, you could get other opinions on color combinations and sit down at the table and work on your latest project while in the company of other yarn lovers.

In my dream world, I would buy the yarn store and keep it open. But it doesn't look like that is going to happen this year. So unless some other like-minded individual decides to take the plunge, we'll have to say goodbye to another beautiful shop. (My birthday is coming up in a few months...) ;)

On the bright side, they were having a 20% off (almost) everything sale and I was able to come home with these three beauties.



Aren't the colors gorgeous?! The yarn is Miss Babs Yummy Superwash Sock and Baby Yarn in the colorways "Wind Surfing," "Indigo Bunting" and "Forever." I wound them into their little yarn cakes last night and have been staring at them ever since. The plan is to knit them into the Color Affection shawl. I can't wait to get started. But first, I must finish the last stealth project currently on my needles. I so wish I could share these projects with you, but we must wait a little longer - wouldn't want to ruin the surprise!


No comments:

Post a Comment