Friday, March 22, 2013

Starting Over

I was happily knitting along on my Color Affection Shawl this week when I decided to take a closer look at the picture on the pattern. Something had been bothering me for the last couple of days - the sections of my shawl didn't seem to match what was in the picture - at least with the color pattern I had planned. I wanted to have the lightest color at the top (teal) and the darkest color at the bottom (the darker blue). I cast on with the darker blue, thinking that the pattern started at the bottom.

After a while I came to the sad conclusion that I had been knitting with the colors in the wrong order. I had been worrying about this in the back of my head for quite a while, but just kept knitting... maybe I was hoping it would magically fix itself. Although the colors looked fine in the opposite order, I really wanted the darker color to be the bottom stripe - not the top. I could have kept it the way it was but I felt like I would be happier with the finished product if I took the time to do it correctly. So, we had a little moment of silence...

Here's the shawl before:


And here it is after:


So now I'm back to five little stitches - hopefully in the right color this time. Argh.



1 comment:

  1. Oh my!!! I sympathize with you!!! However, the incorrect order would have always nagged at you.......you will be a happier Paula this way!!! Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete