Saturday, April 27, 2013

Ever So Slowly

Despite my best intentions, I only managed to finish one sock this week. Although it is a lovely color, isn't it? (As is my custom, after finishing the first sock I immediately cast on for the second in order to avoid the dreaded second sock syndrome. I just got past the ribbing and now have the stockinette portion to knit during my travels.)

Yarn: Knit Picks Stroll Tonal, colorway: blue violet
Pattern: "How I Knit My Socks" by Susan B. Anderson
I just love this pattern for socks - makes for great travel knitting, which is where I accomplished most of my knitting this week. I had a meeting to attend in the evening and got in a couple of hours of knitting time while I was listening to the local police chief speak. It was actually very interesting but it was nice to have something to do with my hands while I was sitting there.

There were also great plans to add a head to my sheep pillow this week but I ran into a problem with the alpaca yarn. It was turning out to have quite a bit more drape than I'd like so I had to rip it out. I'm starting to think that it's actually more of a sock weight than a dk. I'll have to find another project for the alpaca. Instead, I'm going to try to use some leftover Cascade worsted yarn for the sheep parts. Hopefully I'll have enough to finish!

1 comment:

  1. Yes, your sock is a pretty color. Looks like maybe a heather? Hope your sock's mate gets finished quickly!! Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete