Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Special News


I've been waiting to share some news with you. We are moving! I got a wonderful job opportunity and we decided to make the leap and move to a new town. Last weekend we found the perfect apartment (well, really it's a duplex) and we signed the lease today. It's super cute, with a fireplace and hardwood floors!

So things have been a bit crazy around here lately. There are boxes EVERYwhere and we've been working hard to pack up our things and get organized before the move, so unfortunately there hasn't been much knitting time in the past few weeks. (I didn't realize I owned so many books! I have two full boxes to donate to the library and there are still several boxes that will be coming with us. One entire box is full of knitting books - no surprise there!) Plus, our current apartment is being shown to potential renters, so I've been running around trying to make sure things are nice and clean so that someone will want to rent our place!

I'm almost done with the bobble sheep pillow. Just one more leg to go! Although I enjoy the idea of the sheep pillow, I will say that picking up the stitches for the head and the ears was extremely fiddly and time consuming. If you ever decide to try it, do your fingers a favor and use a crochet hook to make picking up the stitches a little easier. 

I'm trying to finish all of my WIPs that have been languishing on the needles while I was distracted by prettier, more interesting projects. The less things I have to move (especially things with tiny, unattached pieces), the better. This also means no more yarn purchases until we're settled in our new place - even though I'm dying to knit the Regatta Tee by Olga Casey that's featured on the cover of the current issue of Interweave Knits. It's the perfect summery knit - nice and light but also something that I could pair with a cute jacket or cardigan for work. 

Anyway, I'll be back soon (hopefully) with a FO to share. I need to start crossing some things off my list!

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the new position! I think the move will be awesome for you guys!
    - Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you found a place in State College area so quickly!!! And it sounds quite quaint!!!

    In reference to your boxes of books, you ARE a librarian, Paula....you are supposed to have lots of books!!! However, they are on the heavy side when trying to move!!!

    Good luck with everything!!! If you need help in any way, let us know!!!
    Hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations all around! I am probably one of the few people who enjoys the process of moving. I hope it goes smoothly for you. :)

    ReplyDelete