Saturday, August 31, 2013

Last Day of Summer

It's the last day of summer. (Not officially, I know, but I've always thought of September 1st as the first day of Fall with school starting, etc.) I can't believe how fast the time has gone. Sorry it's taken me so long to come back to the blog. I have been knitting - but I'm working on a bigger stealth project (a sweater!) and I haven't had much other knitting to share. 

Today is also my hubby's birthday. He has always been such a wonderful supporter of my knitting - even goes to work and shows off the socks I made him! (Note: he's very "knit-worthy." Being willing to wear, and proudly display, handknits definitely earns him more handknit socks in the future. I did knit him one sweater, but he doesn't get cold like I do, so the socks see much more use throughout the year.) 


Of course, there's one place he thinks I shouldn't knit - during Penn State games at Beaver Stadium. I've never actually checked into the rules about this, but I'd imagine that since we're not allowed to bring bags into the stadium, that would make transporting my knitting a little tricky. Oh well. Happy Birthday to the most wonderful man I ever met! 

During ArtsFest last month, I finally found a yarn bowl I loved. It's a wonderful dark purple color and was made by a local artist, Jason Bloom, from Julian, PA.


There's a little sneak peak of my stealth project! I'm hoping to finish this project sometime over the long weekend so hopefully I'll have some not-so-secret knitting to share with you soon. 



1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday to Rob!!! What better present than a Penn State victory!! Well, Paula, as for you bringing your knitting to a football game, those pointy knitting objects you can so deftly maneuver with your hands may just be considered to be weapons!! Oh my!!! Love, love, love the yarn bowl, never knew there was such a thing!!! I would like to look into that!!! Hugs to you both!!!

    ReplyDelete