Saturday, October 12, 2013

Finally Finished: Stockholm Scarf

After 3+ years of languishing in my Ravelry queue, my Stockholm Scarf is finally done! 


Isn't this the most gorgeous shade of purple? I used Cascade 220 Heathers in the "2421" colorway. I think I'm really going to enjoy wearing it this winter...actually I'm wearing it right now. We haven't turned on the heat in our house yet and it's a bit nippy in here right now. I put it on for our little photoshoot and haven't had the desire to take it off yet! 


I love the color - very subtle variations within the yarn. Enough that it adds interest but doesn't take away from the gorgeous stitch pattern. The pattern is designed by Julie Crawford of the Knitted Bliss blog. Her original version was knit flat and then seamed together. I followed modifications made to the pattern in order to knit it in the round. I'm always a fan of projects that are done the minute you bind off! 

This is actually a rather large cowl - I'm wearing it wrapped around my neck twice. It had such a nice, squishy feel to it. I'm thinking that it will continue to get softer over time. 

I also finished another project but it's a stealthy knit (Christmas present) so I'll just give you a little peek. 


Cute, right?! These critters are always such fun to knit but I get the most joy out of watching our little people open them at Christmas time. I always have such a tough time waiting until December! 

No comments:

Post a Comment