Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Knits for Christmas - Part 1

It's that time of year again and I've been busily knitting Christmas gifts for lots of friends and family. I've been absent from the blog for a while because of all the stealth knitting, but now the majority of critters and creations have gone on to their new homes so it's safe to share them with you! 

For Mom: A pair of slippers. 


Pattern: "Not-so-tiny slippers" by Ysolda Teague
Yarn: Lion Brand Wool-Ease Chunky
Buttons: Wooden buttons from JoAnn Fabrics



I tried a new trick to make the slippers non-slip - Puffy Paint! 


For Dad: A Sweater.


Pattern: Brownstone  by Jared Flood
Yarn: Cascade 220 Heathers in "Fog Hyatt"
Buttons: wooden buttons from Stitch Your Art Out (my LYS)


Here is the sweater while it was blocking. I haven't been able to get a picture with a live model yet! 

I also knit a few things for co-workers at work:

A herringbone neckwarmer:

 

I lined it with some fleece fabric!


Pattern: Herringbone Neck Warmer by Craig Rosenfeld
Yarn: Manos del Uruguay Wool Clasica
Buttons: Purple Coconut buttons from JoAnn Fabrics


And some washcloths (paired with some fancy soap):


Pattern: Grandmother's Favorite by Traditional Design
Yarn: Knit Picks Dishie Multi

So that's a few of the knitted gifts this year. Next time, I'll be back to share pictures of the knitted toys.

Happy Christmas Eve, everyone!





No comments:

Post a Comment