Saturday, February 15, 2014

Fingerless Mitts & a Trip to a Fiber Festival

Hi Knitters,

I wanted to pop by and show off some pictures of my first pair of fingerless mitts. I actually finished them some time ago, but just haven't managed to get pictures on the blog. 


Pattern: Spring Foliage by Alana Dakos, found in her beautiful book, "Botanical Knits." (I can't wait for her new book, Botanical Knits 2, to be available. The photos look amazing!)

Yarn: Hermes Alpacas Autumn handspun, a gift from my aunt & uncle in Virginia. The yarn is an alpaca, merino, silk blend that is just lovely. 

They fit pretty well, although now that I've tried them out I think that I could have shortened them by about half an inch as they're just a little too long on my fingers. Either way, they're nice and cozy and are currently living at my desk at work. 

Today I helped out at my knitting guild's fiber festival, For the Love of Fiber. I met a lovely shop owner from Main Street Yarn in Rebersburg, PA. She had a few things that I just couldn't resist. 


A little felt needlecase - design by frabjons fibers (handmade in Nepal - fair trade). I just love the colors and design!


She also had some lovely hand-dyed yarn. The yarn on the left will be socks for me (I think) and the yarn on the right will be a new pair of socks for the hubby. I'm planning to use the "Old Joe" pattern by Stephanie Pearl-McPhee. 

Here's something I didn't plan on getting: 



I just couldn't leave without the guy! The mug is by Christine Stangel, of C S Stangel Pottery, located right here in State College.

Overall, a successful trip. Unfortunately, we got another several inches of snow this morning so that slowed down attendance quite a bit. Hopefully people were able to venture out this afternoon. There were a lot of great things to see! 

Thanks for stopping by! I plan on snuggling up to the fireplace, watching the Olympics and knitting. A perfect Saturday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment