Saturday, March 22, 2014

I Had the Best Day

Last Friday, I got to meet Stephanie Pearl-McPhee! 

My mom, my husband's aunt, Nancy, and I drove down to Baltimore to hear her speak at her book signing event in Baltimore. The talk wasn't until 7pm, but we got there early to get good seats. 

Here's our group patiently waiting at 4:30pm. We were in the 4th row!! By the time Stephanie got there, all of the seats were filled, plus people were standing in between the bookshelves. She is definitely loved.



Here she is taking a picture of her sock in progress with all of us in the background. I would imagine that getting the angle right is a bit tricky. 




The wait was totally worth it. Stephanie was amazingly funny. She made us laugh so much! If you haven't had a chance to read her new book, "The Amazing Thing About The Way It Goes," I totally recommend it. She read a chapter from it that had me in tears from laughing so much. You'll know what I mean when you get to the part about the skunk.





After her talk, we all got a chance to get our books signed. 




I brought the sock I had knitted for my hubby from her "Socks for Old Joe" pattern. Stephanie wondered where the other one was. (It wasn't quite done - I actually just finished it tonight!)







It was just the best day.

No comments:

Post a Comment