Friday, April 11, 2014

Tiny Sweater

There's a new little one in our family! My sister-in-law and her husband welcomed little Emerson Adele into their family a few weeks ago. She's so tiny and cute! I always feel the need to knit something to welcome babies and I know a lot of other people feel the same way. It's nice to have something handknit to give to them.  

Emerson is an Arizona baby, which means she's not going to be needing to many wool sweaters. But I just love to make little baby sweaters, so I hunted down some soft yarn that was a nylon blend and washable, which is a nice perk for her mom! 


Pattern: Chloe by Alana Dakos of NeverNotKnitting
Yarn: Berroco Comfort in "Vintagy Light Green," "Chalk" and "Purple" 
Buttons: Little duck buttons from JoAnn Fabrics
Size: 3 months


Here's the back. Love that ruffle! 


This should give you a better look at the buttons. Aren't they sweet? 

My sister-in-law, Julie, was kind enough to try to get some pictures of Emerson in her sweater and send them to me. Apparently she's a little wiggle worm! But you definitely get the idea. It's a little big, but she's not quite a month old yet so she'll grow into it. 


That's all for now! I'm working away on another pair of socks - just plain ones for me. I have a new ball of self-patterning sock yarn that I'm dying to try out, but I'm trying to finish this pair first. 




No comments:

Post a Comment